[Samba] [[ LDAP - PDC/BDC Strategy ]]

Felipe Augusto van de Wiel felipe at paranacidade.org.br
Mon Jul 19 14:15:41 GMT 2004

Hi rruegner,

rruegner wrote:
:: you dont have to struggle around,
:: if you have a ldap master allready running
:: setup a ldap slave on the bdc machine,
:: and configure the bdc smb.conf as bdc with
:: asking the ldap slve for auth
:: thats all

    Sorry but maybe I'm missing something. In my tests
it didn't work, because of the read only status of ldap
slave, the machines account password are changed lots
of times.

    I really try to simple do that, if you can send me
(could be in private) the smb.conf of master and slave
and the ldiff maybe I can find what is missing. :)

    But AFAICT the PDC/BDC also needs the SID mapped
inside the LDAP, and actually I doesn't have it.

    Best regards,

// Felipe