[Samba] [[ LDAP - PDC/BDC Strategy ]]

Paul Gienger pgienger at ae-solutions.com
Mon Jul 19 15:41:03 GMT 2004

Felipe Augusto van de Wiel wrote:

> Hi rruegner,
>
> rruegner wrote:
> :: you dont have to struggle around,
> :: if you have a ldap master allready running
> :: setup a ldap slave on the bdc machine,
> :: and configure the bdc smb.conf as bdc with
> :: asking the ldap slve for auth
> :: thats all
>

>    Sorry but maybe I'm missing something. In my tests
> it didn't work, because of the read only status of ldap
> slave, the machines account password are changed lots
> of times.

There are lines in the smbldap-tools package (which I hope you're using
by now) that you can specify a 'ldap master' that will be referred to in
instances where an ldap-modify command is needed as opposed to a simple
ldap-search.

>    But AFAICT the PDC/BDC also needs the SID mapped
> inside the LDAP, and actually I doesn't have it.

Are you saying that the SID on each machine is different?  If that is
the case you need to do a net getlocalsid on your pdc and then a net
setlocalsid (output of last command) on the bdc machine.

--
Paul Gienger                     Office: 701-281-1884
Applied Engineering Inc.