[Samba] Re: UID for CIFS mounts

Chris Jensen cjensen at gmail.com
Mon Jul 19 00:51:58 GMT 2004

Ok, I've tested this, and can't seem getthis happening. But can
someone please confirm this:

If I have a Windows 2000 share with several users files, and the ACL's
permitting only the owner to access their files, is it possible to
mount this Windows 2000 share on a linux box, and ensure that such
ACL's are applied to the users? (presumably using Winbind or something
similar to get User's from Active Directory)

(I have done googling and manual reading and the answer is unclear, so
I would really appreciate it if someone could give me a difinitive
answer)