[Samba] Samba+LDAP - so close yet so far :)

abebe lsslp peaceofcrap2001 at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 16 15:10:50 GMT 2004

Hey Paul,
Thanks for checking out my work! I hope you will find
more errors in my set up (soon to be a mini how to
http://150.208.105.24/smbldap-pdc.html) Your
suggestions were helpful.

> 1. You have configured in smbldap tools the machine
> account container as
> ou=Users, but in smb.conf you have it in
> ou=Computers.  These should
> match, and also match your user container per bug
> #674  and #987.

The 'ou' is actually set in both 'smbldap.conf' and
'smb.conf' as ou=Computers. (You must have read the
commented (#) line in 'smbldap.conf' file. I forgot to
take it out after testing it according to Craig's
advice about me not being able to use 'ou=Computers'.

> 2. You don't have the full configuration for the
> smbldap tools scripts.
> There are parameters with quotes around them that
> aren't in there, you
> should have something like this:
>
> add user script = /usr/sbin/smbldap-useradd -a -m
> "%u"
> delete user script = /usr/sbin/smbldap-userdel "%u"

YOU ARE RIGHT about this one! I modified it as it is
on   http://samba.idealx.org. Unfortunatly, it is
doing the same thing :(

Ambex

PS: Craig, I am working on the log level 10 for samba
and log level 256 for ldap. I will get back with you
as soon as I get done :)