[Samba] 6 second delay for File / Print dialog to come up

Michael Lueck mlueck at lueckdatasystems.com
Wed Jul 14 15:34:40 GMT 2004

Single 100MB switched subnet. 500MHz Samba 3.0.4 PDC (test server) and 3Ghz Win2K clients. I have three Spoolless printers defined on the client via the APW and downloading the driver.

Open notepad, type some trash, file, print, and there is a 6 second delay until the print dialog comes up. Canceling out and doing so again from the same instance of notepad is just as slow, so not
even notepad itself is caching what ever it is doing.

Is this the speed to be expected for this operation?

--
Michael Lueck
Lueck Data Systems