[Samba] Samba 3.0.4 ACL problem

Christophe SUIRE christophe.suire at adelux.fr
Tue Jul 13 12:22:15 GMT 2004

Hi again,

I have just see, that the problem is not link with the modification of
the file. In fact this problem appear when Windows change ACL
attribute, and i have found an other strange thing :

A user "jokic" create a new text file. On the server i have :
-rwxrwx---+   1 root     informatique       62 2004-07-13 14:13 Nouveau
Texte seulement.txt
This file as no ACL, but first strange thing is own by root !!!

On a second time, user "jokic" modify the attribute of the file and add
a new user "delestre" to read this one. Now i have :
-r--rwx---+   1 root     informatique       62 2004-07-13 14:13 Nouveau
Texte seulement.txt

# file: Nouveau\040Texte\040seulement.txt
# owner: root
# group: informatique
user::r--
user:delestre:r-x
group::---
mask::rwx
other::---

So the modification of the ACL attributes, add the new user with the
correct right, but remove the write attribute to the primary user, and
remove write and read to the primary group of the file !!!

Please help me !