[Samba] Samba 3.0.4 ACL problem

Umberto Zanatta uzanatta at provincia.treviso.it
Tue Jul 13 12:39:17 GMT 2004

You should set profile acls = no from smb.conf

Here you are a tipical share:

[FOO]
        profile acls = no
        path = /opt/foo
        write list = @aaaa, @bbb, @Administrators
        create mask = 660
        directory mask = 770
        comment = Foo share
        valid users = @aaa, @bbb, @Administrators
        inherit acls = yes
        map acl inherit = yes

You have to launch winbind if the PDC is another SAMBA o WINDOWS server
and do
the rights configurations on /etc/nsswitch.conf.

smb.conf
  winbind trusted domains only = yes
   idmap uid = 10000-20000
   idmap gid = 10000-20000