[Samba] Moved samba doesn't work [SOLVED]

Patrick Nelson pnelson at neatech.com
Sun Jul 11 20:20:44 GMT 2004

On Sun, 2004-07-11 at 11:37, Patrick Nelson wrote:
> I found in some 3.x.x documents talk about secrets.tdb.  Should I try
> deleting the secrets.tdb and then recreating it with
>
>   smbpasswd <User Name Here>
>
> for each user?

I tried the above and I still can not login as a user.  I was looking at
the logs and I see this over and over:

[2004/07/11 11:49:29, 1] smbd/service.c:make_connection_snum(393)
  Couldn't find user %u

OK, I had a "force user=%u" in there and that was not what I wanted it
to do, so I removed the force user (not sure why I had it in there <-
setup smb on this system over a year ago) and restarted and everything
worked.  I then copied over the auth files (secrets.tdb & smbpasswd),
restarted smb and then tried to log back in.  This confirmed it was the
entry of force user.  I'm sure glad I got this solved...