[Samba] Access Denied touching shared CUPS printer

Michael Lueck mlueck at lueckdatasystems.com
Fri Jul 9 14:31:04 GMT 2004

I am now getting around to setting up a test printer.

CUPS is installed in RAW mode and a test print work A-OK. I also set the CUPS printer que as default.

Below are my printer related smb.conf lines for this PDC.

[global]
########## NT Domain Related ##########
    admin users = pianoman ldsinst
########## Printing ##########
    printcap name = CUPS
    printing = CUPS

[printers]
    comment = SMB Print Spool
    path = /var/spool/samba
    printable = Yes
    guest ok = Yes
    read only = no
    use client driver = Yes
    browseable = No
    create mode = 0600

And I did create /var/spool/samba as follows:

mkdir /var/spool/samba
chmod 0777 /var/spool/samba
chmod o+t /var/spool/samba

I am logged it with both local Admin permissions on the Win2K client and domain admin in Samba, per above.

Ideas why when going through the add printer wizard, browsing, touching the que it says access denied?

TIA!

--
Michael Lueck
Lueck Data Systems