[Samba] Re: Net rpc user add and the "-F" flag.

Nicolas Costes nicolas.costes at iut-laroche.univ-nantes.fr
Thu Jul 8 16:26:28 GMT 2004

Back from the pdbedit manual...

Le jeudi 8 Juillet 2004 16:21, Paul Gienger a écrit :
>  From the man page on the net command
>
> [RPC|ADS] USER ADD name [password] [-F user flags] [-C comment]

> The -F then would seem to set the flags.  THIS part is not documented
> very intuitively, but is available, in the man page for pdbedit

Well, I got there, and I can't see any of the following lines... How did you
manage to guess that the information is in this man page ?

> <liberal use of snip>

It must be, because as I said, I can't find any of the following in that man
page. So, I tried to use some of these options into the "net user add"
command, after the "-F" flag, but it keeps returning me "usage()" :-(

Could you give me an example of what you think is the actual syntax to this
flag ? Say, for example, creating a user specifying is homedrive, homepath,
profilepath, etc... Some thing like :

# net rpc user add TestUser -F ????? -U administrator -S server

> Possible flags are listed below.
>
>         *
>
>           N: No password required
>
>         *
>
>           D: Account disabled
[...]
> That's where the documentation leads me, although I'm open to alternate
> interpretations

I find it very sad that this particular set of otpions isn't documented a
little, even with --help... Maybe that deep because I need this

Isn't there any other way (Using any number of samba commands) to perform
remote account creation ? I *really* don't want to create my accounts
half-manually on the NT server then on the Samba file server... :-(

- --
   ,,
  (°>   Nicolas Costes
  /|\   IUT de La Roche / Yon