[Samba] Re: Oplocks and Office 2000 SP3

Michael Lueck mlueck at lueckdatasystems.com
Thu Jul 8 14:31:39 GMT 2004

Umberto Zanatta wrote:

> I have serious problems to manage oplocks on Samba Share.
>
> Some clients have been installed Office 2000 SP3 + Windows XP SP1; they
> aren't working because Word+ Excel save files only read-only when reopen
> the
> file and I try to save.

I don't quite follow what you are seeing. Are you talking about the DOS based Read-Only attribute bit?

Or the feature in Office where when you open a file which someone else has open, Office says it is opening the document read-only? It sounds like maybe this is more likely. I don't see where OptLocks
would be at fault here - that is the entire file itself in this case.

I have Win2K SP4 OS here and can pull down Office XP SP2 to see if it does something incorrectly.

--
Michael Lueck
Lueck Data Systems