[Samba] Oplocks and Office 2000 SP3

Umberto Zanatta uzanatta at provincia.treviso.it
Thu Jul 8 11:09:23 GMT 2004

Hi,

I have serious problems to manage oplocks on Samba Share.

Some clients have been installed Office 2000 SP3 + Windows XP SP1; they
aren't working because Word+ Excel save files only read-only when reopen
the
file and I try to save.

If use Wordpad or something else, It'll works fine.

on the smb.conf:

   level2 oplocks = yes
   oplocks = yes
   veto oplock files = /*.doc/*.xls/*.mdb/*.DOC/*.XLS/*.MDB/*.TMP/*.tmp/

 I read official samba how-to but never happened when changed the
parameters: EnableOplocks, ecc...
on regedit register.

I disabled kernel oplocks, oplocks and level2 oplocks but it doesn't
work.

Have you any idea?

Umberto Zanatta
linuxDidattica