[Samba] pam_makehomedir with ADS/LDAP

Thomas Reed treed at lavergne.org
Wed Jul 7 01:15:20 GMT 2004

I'm new to brand new to Samba and am having an issue that I can't
resolve.  I have my server working in an ADS environment, with
kerberos/ldap, my ACL's are working great and everything appears to be
humming along.

However I can't seem to get the pam_mkhomedir.so to work.  When I add
this mod to /etc/pam.d/samba I cannot connect to the server via a
browser.  I get a prompt for a username/password.  If I supply a domain
user and password I get an error returned that there's a conflict with
an exisiting set of credentials..

Any pointers where to start.  I'll be happy to post configs if necessary.

Thanks much