[Samba] Profiles

Miles Scruggs miles.scruggs at garnetws.com
Wed Jul 7 01:18:42 GMT 2004

I have a few weird problems with profiles on my samba PDC.  Right now I'm
just testing with two XP pro clients.  Samba is
Samba version 3.0.2a-Debian

The problems that I'm having and I believe are related are:

1.) Profiles are saved to the server, but don't migrate to different
clients.  This is very odd, I can make all sorts of changes to the profile
and I can see those changes being saved to the server.  When I log back in
those changes are loaded to the local machine, if I try to login to another
client, I see a totally separate profile.

The kicker is that all data is being saved to the same path, but somehow it
can differenetite which client is logging in.

2.) Once the profile is created on one client, the home dir is writable to
only that client.

The home dirs and profile dir is two separate locations

/home/%u for homedirs
/home/profile/%u for profiles

Thanks for the help

Miles