[Samba] Samba and XP problem

Oleg olegarr at mail.ru
Tue Jul 6 17:07:20 GMT 2004

Hello All,

We had a problem and I hope that somebody will help me.

We had some Windows XP machines that have connection to Samba 2.2.8a file server. On the Windows XP machines we mapped the drive to Samba. It's working almost fine, however sometimes when we rebooting XP machines the mapped drives does not working (they should reconnect automatically). But if we manually click on them (in Windows explorer for example) it will reconnect just fine.

Can we change/correct something on Samba/Windows side to make the connections more stable?

Can somebody help me to resolve this problem?

Best regards,
Oleg