[Samba] migrating ldap server from one platform to another

Alex Sharaz A.Sharaz at Hull.ac.uk
Tue Jul 6 16:20:05 GMT 2004

Hi all,

Got a wee problem here that I'm looking for some help with
:-

Two servers, Server 1  one has openldap something running on it and hosts
profiles and users home directories

Server 2 (newer) has all their high capacity directories on it and uses the
ldap server on the

Server 1 is to be phased out.

I downloaded and built openldap 2.2.11 on server 2
generated an ldif file of the contents of server 1's ldap server
uploaded the file into the ldap server on Server 2
modified the ldap.conf file on server 2 to talk to its own ldap server.

User logs on to server 1 and can see all assigned drives etc on original
server.

Authentication failures on any attempt to access anything on server 2 e.g.
drive h: maps to home directory on server 1, that's fine coz its the
original ldap server. Drive P: maps to a directory on Server 2 - this fails
with an authentication failure.

i've no idea what options were used when building server 1's ldap daemon,
but I built the Server 2 version as follows

./configure --enable-crypt --without-cyrus-sasl --enable-bdb=no
--enable-ldbm=yes

Guess it might be the --enable-crypt option that's causing the problem on
the import.

Anyone got an idea how to migrate data from 1 ldap database to another?

TIa
Alex

Sent using Mulberry 3.1.2