[Samba] Winbind using the wrong username for IPC$ connections.

Manjunath H N Manjunath.hn at mphasis.com
Sat Jan 31 06:28:04 GMT 2004

Hi All,

When I run winbindd -i -d5 I am getting the following error

IPC$ connections done by user DOMAIN\domainmanju
connecting to PDC from SAMBASERVER with username [DOMAIN]\[domainmanju]

& finally it throws up an the following error.

Could not open a connection to DOMAIN for \PIPE\lsarpc (NT_STATUS_LOGON_FAILURE)

I have joined the Samba server to the Win2k AD domain, users are able to access the server, but I am trying to implement Single Sign on, which I have not yet succeeded.

I think it is giving a logon failure because it is using a wrong user name i.e. it should use the user "manju" only but it is trying to use "domainmanju" . How do I change this so that Samba uses only manju as the username and not domainmanju or is this right & I am doing something else wrong.

TIA
Manjunath H N