[Samba] questions regarding SAMBA and Windows Terminal Server

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Fri Jan 30 20:50:57 GMT 2004

On Sat, 2004-01-31 at 01:50, Richard Harding wrote:
> I currently have a debian web server, Win2k Exchange server as a PDC,
> and a Win2k Terminal Server.
>
> I want to get rid of exchange and I am looking at putting openldap on
> the Debian box with email. If I did this I would want to get the Win2k
> TS to authenticate to the Debian openldap box. If I set up SAMBA could I
> get it to do so? I want only one place to manage user accounts and since
> I have to have them on the Debian machine to get the email accounts I am
> hoping SAMBA can help me with TS authentication. I can't seem to find
> much information on this however.

Terminal server operates much like any other domain member, with a few
extra things that it stores.  This information is handled correctly in
Samba 3.0.1, but I would suggest running 3.0.2rc1.

> I would also wonder if anyone has gotten it to work with Win2k3 TS.
> Eventually I will be upgrading the server.

http://swflug.org/modules.php?name=Downloads&d_op=viewdownload&cid=4

I would also suggest you read HP's paper above.

Andrew Bartlett

Andrew Bartlett                                 abartlet at pcug.org.au
Manager, Authentication Subsystems, Samba Team  abartlet at samba.org
Student Network Administrator, Hawker College   abartlet at hawkerc.net