[Samba] USRMGR add groups

Daniel T. Gynn dan.gynn at essensys.com
Thu Jan 29 17:55:07 GMT 2004

I am running samba 3.0.0.  When using USRMGR most functionality works,
but I can't get it to create a group.  If I run the script by hand, it
creates the UNIX group and echos out the GID.  In Windows the error
message is:
"The following error occured creating the global group groupname:
The group name could not be found"

The delete user and delete group functions work, but give an error in
USRMGR of "Access Denied".  After refreshing USRMGR the user or group is
gone.  My guess is I am echoing something back that I shouldn't be, or
am not echoing something that I should be.

Thanks,
Dan

--
Daniel T. Gynn
dan.gynn at essensys.com
GnuPG Key http://www.essensys.com/~dan/gpgring.asc
Fingerprint: 0979 73B8 847A 349E 7363  66F4 6A79 DD72 495D CD60