[Samba] Back to 3.0.1, Winbind and Solaris 9

Unix Service (ANTS) Unix.Services at ants.co.uk
Thu Jan 29 17:44:15 GMT 2004

BTW to truss telnetd:

On the telnet server host:
1) Find a free TCP port for this on the telnet server, e.g. port 23023
      # netstat -an | grep 23023

2) Add a service for the port in /etc/services (e.g. at the very end of the
file)
      ttelnet           23023/tcp

3) Add an entry in /etc/inetd.conf for this service by adding the following
line to the file
    (e.g. close to the original telnet definition)
    ttelnet      stream  tcp     nowait  root    /usr/bin/truss truss
-fo/var/tmp/truss.telnetd /usr/sbin/in.telnetd

Note; be careful to write truss options and output filename as one single
argument as above. Extra spaces may create problems (due to limitation in
inetd).

4) Tell "inetd" about the change
      # ps -ef | grep inetd
          root   179     1  0   Oct 22 ?        0:01 /usr/sbin/inetd -s
      # kill -1 179

On the telnet client host:
5) Try connecting to the new service from the problematic telnet client
      # /usr/bin/telnet <host> 23023

Resulting truss output file is /var/tmp/truss.telnetd on the telnet server.