[Samba] Can you use roaming profile in a workgroup environment?

John Schmerold john at katy.com
Mon Jan 26 02:13:11 GMT 2004

I spent hours trying to make Outlook XP work in a networked IMAP / LDAP
environment.

What I ended up doing is creating PRF files for all users on the network
with FoxPro, then calling the PRF file on system login.

This doesn't solve the roaming contact issue, however it does solve the
"I want to log in anywhere & see my emails"

I hope this sample helps someone, even better it would be great if this
prompts someone to refine my findings.

joe.prf:

[General]
Custom=1
DefaultProfile=Yes
OverwriteProfile=Append
ModifyDefaultProfileIfPresent=TRUE

[Service List]
Service1=LDAP Directory

[Internet Account List]
Account1=IMAP_I_Mail

[Service1]
UniqueService=Yes
ServerName=mail.lp.com
DisplayName=LDAPDirectory
ConnectionPort=389
UseSSL=FALSE
UserName=
SearchBase=ou=people,dc=lp,dc=com
SearchTimeout=60
MaxEntriesReturned=100

[Account1]
UniqueService=Yes
AccountName=IMAP Email
IMAPServer=mail.lp.com
SMTPServer=mail.lp.com
IMAPUserName=joe
EmailAddress=joe at lp.com
IMAPUseSPA=0
DisplayName=Joe LP
ReplyEMailAddress=joe at lp.com
SMTPUseAuth=0
SMTPAuthMethod=0
ConnectionType=0
RootFolder=
ConnectionOID=MyConnection
IMAPPort=143
IMAPUseSSL=0
ServerTimeOut=60
SMTPPort=25
SMTPUseSSL=0

[Personal Folders]
ServiceName=MSPST MS
Name=PT_STRING8,0x3001
PathToPersonalFolders=PT_STRING8,0x6700
RememberPassword=PT_BOOLEAN,0x6701
EncryptionType=PT_LONG,0x6702
Password=PT_STRING8,0x6703

[Outlook Address Book]
ServiceName=CONTAB

[LDAP Directory]
ServiceName=EMABLT
ServerName=PT_STRING8,0x6600
UserName=PT_STRING8,0x6602
UseSSL=PT_BOOLEAN,0x6613
DisplayName=PT_STRING8,0x3001
ConnectionPort=PT_STRING8,0x6601
SearchTimeout=PT_STRING8,0x6607
MaxEntriesReturned=PT_STRING8,0x6608
SearchBase=PT_STRING8,0x6603

[Microsoft Outlook Client]
SectionGUID=0a0d020000000000c000000000000046
FormDirectoryPage=PT_STRING8,0x0270
WebServicesLocation=PT_STRING8,0x0271
ComposeWithWebServices=PT_BOOLEAN,0x0272
PromptWhenUsingWebServices=PT_BOOLEAN,0x0273
OpenWithWebServices=PT_BOOLEAN,0x0274

[Personal Address Book]
ServiceName=MSPST AB
NameOfPAB=PT_STRING8,0x001e3001