[Samba] sambaPDC+LDAP

Thomas Hannan thannan at pharm-olam.com
Fri Jan 23 19:21:29 GMT 2004

Hello Gilberto,

To get roaming profiles to work I did the following:
First define your profiles share in your smb.conf -- mine is below:
[profiles]
	comment = POI roaming user profiles
	path = /var/archive/samba/profiles
	browsable = no
	writable = yes
	create mask = 0600
	directory mask = 0700

my /var/archive/samba/profiles directory is chmod 777 so that new user
profiles can be added automatically.

To get a your users profiles to roam, I either specify the following
global smb.conf parameter:
logon path = \\%L\Profiles\%U

or on a per-user basis, you can edit their LDAP entry and add/edit the
following attribute:
sambaProfilePath: \\%L\Profiles\%U  (or wherever else you wish).

Good luck!
Thomas