[Samba] Samba Winbind and LDAP backend

Ganguly, Sapan Sapan.Ganguly at thalesgroup.com
Fri Jan 23 15:41:40 GMT 2004

Just a quick question, it may sound a bit stupid but I just want to make
sure.

I have a Solaris 9 machine running winbind, the backend is an OpenLDAP
database running on a RedHat 9 machine.

My question is, apart from the 'smbpasswd -w' command and the obvious stuff
in smb.conf, do I have to set up the LDAP client on Solaris for Samba to be
able to put new mappings into the LDAP database?

The reason I ask is because everything seems to work (ntlm_auth, wbinfo,
getent) except logins (via telnet, etc), I'm stuck for ideas.

The next thing I will try is recompiling with a different version of gcc and
maybe try 3.0.2 instead.

Sapan