[Samba] multiple Samba servers and w2k

kwhyte at mitsco.com kwhyte at mitsco.com
Thu Jan 22 14:37:53 GMT 2004

Greetings to All,

I have 2 x86 boxes running Solaris 8 with Samba 2.2.7a. One is the PDC and
the second is the BDC.  All clients are W2K. When a user that has their
home directory located on the PDC logs in I have no problems but if a user
that has their home directory located on the BDC tries to login I get an
error saying that windows can't find the profile. Due to distance issues I
can't have all of the home dirs on the PDC. This only happens to clients
that have SP4 installed.  Can anybody help ID what is happening here it is
driving us nuts.

TIA,

R. Kirby Whyte
Network Administrator