[Samba] Solaris 9 + Samba 3.0.2rc1 problem
hwu3 at wpo.it.luc.edu
Mon Jan 19 19:46:40 GMT 2004
I thought I got them working and it turned out I still have the same problem.
This is a domain member server, joined to NT PDC. These commands are all working Ok: wbinfo -u, wbinfo -g, getent passwd, except getent group. It always stops at some point, I noticed these log messages:
[2004/01/19 13:09:56, 10] nsswitch/winbindd.c:winbind_client_read(458)
client_read: read 0 bytes. Need 1568 more for a full request.
[2004/01/19 13:09:56, 5] nsswitch/winbindd.c:winbind_client_read(465)
read failed on sock 22, pid 23630: EOF
Some configuration entries in smb.conf:
encrypt passwords = yes
idmap uid = 10000-80000
winbind gid = 10000-80000
winbind enum users = yes
winbind enum groups = yes
winbind separator = +
winbind use default domain = yes
Here's how I compile Cyrus+SASL 2.1.17:
../configure --enable-shared --enable-gssapi=/usr/local/lib --with-openssl=/u
I noticed in config.log, it says NTLM: disabled. Not sure if it matters here.
Here's how I compile Samba 3.0.2rc1:
./configure --with-krb5=/usr --with-pam --with-libsmbclient --with-manpages-
langs=en --with-winbind --with-ads --with-ldap --with-acl-support --with-libicon
I tried the above in Samba 3.0.1, Samba 3.0.2pre1, and Samba 3.0.2rc1 in Solaris 9, they all have the same "getent group" problem. But I noticed the winbindd in Samba 3.0.2rc1 handles "ls -l" request much faster than before.
More information about the samba