[Samba] winbind + trusted domain

Thierry ITTY thierry.itty at besancon.org
Mon Jan 19 18:47:09 GMT 2004

hello

I have a linux samba file server, 2.2.7a
I have a win nt4 pdc for domain HOME, which the above server is a member of
winbind is installed on samba, it works fine

I recently set up a trusted relationship between domain HOME and another
domain FOREIGN, which pdc is a w2k ad server

from windows point of view (I mean windows clients), everything is fine

from samba point of view, I can get access to FOREIGN resources, but
FOREIGN users can't get access to samba.

wbinfo -m shows FOREIGN as trusted domain
wbinfo -a FOREIGN\\user2%password2 works
wbinfo -n HOME\\user1 works
wbinfo -n FOREIGN\\user2 doesn't work (could not lookup name)

I googled around for some hours but didn't find anything

is it (really) a samba problem ?
what's the solution ?

tia