[Samba] Printer problem, does somebody could help me please?

Samuel Jobin sjobin at gniinc.net
Mon Jan 19 15:20:04 GMT 2004

Hi!

I got a Linux server (slack 8.1) running samba (2.2.4) to share home
directories, printers and stuff like that.  Recently, I got a problem
with my printer.  On Windows 2000, when I'm trying to print on my print
server (samba), i get the following status on windows in the printer
status:  supressing.  I don't understand why.  I removed all the job in
my printer queue, I restarted lpd, smbd and nmbd and I reinstalled the
printer on my Win 2000.  But I always got the same message.  Does
somebody have never seen something like that?  That is wrong?

here is my printer share definition on smb.conf:

[printers]
    comment = All Printers
    path = /var/spool/samba
    browseable = no