[Samba] Samba 3.0.1 running at ~90% CPU

Andrei Bazhgin after at nan2d.com
Sun Jan 18 17:26:02 GMT 2004

Hello.

I am having a problem with Samba 3.0.1, it seems that smbd is running at almost
100% CPU level and I dont know why. If I listen to music from a samba share, it
sometimes pauses too and this is obviously a sign of a problem.

I compiled samba without CUPS, if that matters. My smb.conf file is from samba
2.x but does not use any of the depricated settings. I dont think it is the
config file.

If anyone could point me in the right direction on what to do, it would be
apreciated. I am going to re-compile and install with CUPS support now, and see
if that does it.

Please help, I am kind of lost :|
--
andrei bazhgin | aftermath