[Samba] shared folders ownership

Juanjo Lull ONO juanjo.carel at ono.com
Sun Jan 18 13:13:01 GMT 2004

This is what I have for a directory I want everybody to access:
[experimental]
        comment = Directorio de experiencias
        browseable = yes
        writable = yes
        path = /home/exper
        public = yes
        force user = exper
I created a share "experimental". Then I created a user "exper". Then in the
share you put that "force share", so the only user you will write will be
exper. In another way, when somebody connects to experimental then the user
turns out to be "exper" for reading and for writing. If you want that folder
not to be writable just put writable to no.
You first must create the folder "/home/exper" from the user exper, in this
example.
Cheers