[Samba] I am unable to access my shares: Incorrect password orInvalid user name

Abdul-Azeez samba at citizensbankng.com
Thu Jan 15 20:35:32 GMT 2004

Hi Jason,
Thanks for your assistance but the problem still pesists.
I have modified my conf file thus:

# from 128.1.100.67 (128.1.100.67)
# Date: 2004/01/15 17:33:15

# Global parameters
[global]
        workgroup = IMSD
        netbios name = SAMBA
        log level = 3
        ldap ssl = no
        security = user
        encrypt passwords = yes
        smb passwd file = /usr/local/samba/private/smbpasswd

[share1]
        comment = test share
        path = /var/log
        read only = No

[globus]
        comment = globus image directory
        path = /var/globus-image
        read only = No

I ran "testparm " command to test my conf file and I got the following
error:

Load smb config files from /usr/local/samba/lib/smb.conf
Unknown parameter encountered: "ldap ssl"
Ignoring unknown parameter "ldap ssl"
Processing section "[share1]"
Processing section "[globus]"
Loaded services file OK.
ERROR: pid directory /var/run/samba does not exist

PLEASE HELP

abdul