[Samba] wbinfo looking for hostname as domain

Trevor Thorsteinson trevort at city-plap.com
Thu Jan 15 20:02:49 GMT 2004

i have samba 3.0.2pre1 installed on a SuSE 9 machine that I am trying to get
to authenticate on an NT4 domain.  After joining the machine to the domain,
setting up smb.conf and nsswitch.conf to use winbind I start the services
and try wbinfo -u to test the connection and I get the following error:

Error looking up domain users

tail /var/log/messages shows the following:

nsswitch/winbindd_group.c:winbindd_getgroups(952)
could not find domain entry for domain ~hostname~

Anyone know why it would be looking for the hostname as the domain instead
of the domain I joined it to?

Thanks for any help