[Samba] samba: problem in copying directories with many files

Jeremy Allison jra at samba.org
Thu Jan 15 04:33:01 GMT 2004

On Tue, Jan 13, 2004 at 06:55:15AM -0500, Mitch Crane wrote:

> That's why I added that no one from the samba team had acknowledged it--I
> wasn't sure you guys were aware of it, just that some people were. I only
> joined the samba list about 2 weeks ago (mainly in search of a solution for
> this problem) yet I've seen four reports of this problem (including this one
> and mine) or something similar.

Ok - the problem is this looks like a smbfs problem, not a Samba
server problem. The Samba Team doesn't maintain smbfs - one of our
members (Steve French from IBM) has written and maintains cifsvfs,
the replacement for smbfs. I don't think we can promise to fix any
smbfs problem as we aren't the maintainers.

Jeremy.