[Samba] adding printers from netlogon script

Andrew Gaffney agaffney at skylineaero.com
Wed Jan 14 16:24:23 GMT 2004

Uwe Laverenz wrote:
> Andrew Gaffney schrieb:
>
>> Is there no way to add printers from a netlogon script without the
>> user being a Power User or higher?
>

> Of course there is: we do this with the tool "con2prt.exe" from the
> "Zero Admin Kit" from M$:
>
> http://www.microsoft.com/windows/zak/
>
> You should install the "con2prt.exe" somewhere on the Windows client
> machine to a location that is included in $PATH.
>
> In your login script you simply call the programm like this:
>
>     con2prt /f /cd \\<servername>\<printername>
>
> Possible options for con2prt:
>
>   /?  - displays usage.
>   /h  - displays usage.
>   /f  - deletes all existing printer connections.
>   /c  - connects to \\printserver\share printer.
>   /cd - connects to \\printserver\share printer and sets it as the
>         default printer.
>
> Oh: could you please stop top-posting and full-quoting when writing to
> this mailing list? Thank you.

That looks very interesting. I'll check it out. As for the top-posting, I normally
bottom-post, but someone started top-posting very early in the thread and I *hate* mixing
botton- and top-posting. As for the full quoting...I was sending most of the emails late
at night ;)

--
Andrew Gaffney
System Administrator