[Samba] Question regarding guest account =

Tarjei Huse tarjei at nu.no
Wed Jan 14 13:41:49 GMT 2004

Hi, and thanks for a very quick answer!

A small followup:

>>b) It also seems that the guestuser must have a sambaSid that ends in
>>501, else samba will not find the user, correct?
>>

>We make up an account if you don't supply one, and we will get nasty
>side-effects if you don't give it a RID of 501

I've seen the sideeffects :-(
Where would the user be stored? I'm using a ldap sam, btw.

And how can I set the users password if he/she is not created ?

Also, if the default guest account is set to nobody (without me using
the parameter), and I have a user nobody in my sam. will samba use this
user? Should I remove it?

>>c) Also, if I want a guest user that can log on to my domain without a
>>password, but who will not have any access to shares etc, should I then
>>use this "guest" user or should I create a special user for this?
>>

>Use this account.  This is done (if you want to match win2k behaviour)
>with the 'map to guest = bad user' parameter.

A bit many this there, you men the account I created, not the special
guest user , right?

Many thanks for your answers.
Tarjei