[Samba] Symbolic link gets overwritten

negg neggl at web.de
Tue Jan 13 13:31:49 GMT 2004

Thanks for the reply, Jerry. I will check that soon. But anyway: that
would possibly explain it on windows. But we noticed the problem exists
also on a unix-system (macOSX):
The same application (Xemacs) overwrites the link on Samba (Xemacs on
macOSX, link-file on linux-server via samba) while it stores to the
target file on NFS (Xemacs on macOSX, link-file on linux-server,
connection via NFS). Assuming that Xemacs doesn't store a file
differently on differently mounted file systems this would mean that the
NFS server reacts correctly to the commands issued by Xemacs and samba
doesn't...

Still not convinced this isn't a bug...

negg.