[Samba] samba: problem in copying directories with many files

Jeremy Allison jra at samba.org
Tue Jan 13 04:56:28 GMT 2004

On Mon, Jan 12, 2004 at 05:48:19PM -0500, Mitch Crane wrote:

> If you are mounting a share from your XP machine then yes, it's a known
> problem. Though I don't recall anyone from the samba team actually
> acknowledging it, I have the problem and I have seen several other reports
> of this problem.

Not a known problem to us :-). This is the first I've seen
of it. Do you have a reproducible test case for this ?

If so I'll commit to get it fixed for 3.0.2 final - but if
it's a "only happens sometimes" kind of thing it will take
longer and probably not make 3.0.2.

Send me details asap (I'm in Australia at the moment so will
be working funny timezones).

Jeremy.