[Samba] usernames not showing in security tab

tkruschel at telus.net tkruschel at telus.net
Mon Jan 12 20:10:15 GMT 2004

I have installed samba 3 and I am trying to change permissions through the
security tab on a windows 98 box using nexus.  The users show up in
usermanager as well as the groups I have mapped with net groupmap but I cannot
do anything in there either.  Everything gives me access denied error
messages.  The security tab on the windows 98 box just shows root,root and
everyone for permissions and never the correct user or group.  NT acl support
is enables and the user is part of the group mapped to domain admins. any
ideas what I am doing wrong and why the root root everyone shows up instead of
the proper user,group and everyone.  And why the access denied errors.