[Samba] Denied access in XP, OS X works.

Thomas Spuhler thomas at btspuhler.com
Sun Jan 11 01:04:04 GMT 2004

As far as I know the username and password used to access samba is the
same you use when u log into Windows (again, I am familiar with W95/98)
If you have roaming users, (we do) install a PDC and use (NT) domain
logon. The user profiles are then stored on the samba. That works pretty
good in W95/98. I think XP is a little different.

PDC is a little daunting task, but it's not that difficult. I tried it
at home first.
On the samba side, it's very easy. Use SWAT and
domain logons yes
os level 65
preferred master yes
local master yes
domain master yes

If you have encrypted password, you can even put a logon script into the
samba server that automatically maps the drive and provides time to the
Windows box.

Tom

--

Best Regards

Thomas Spuhler

All e-mails from this location have been scanned for viruses
This e-mail has been digitally signed