[Samba] "Account Unknown" problem (Samba3 domain users in WinNTpermissions)

Fermín Galán Márquez fermin.galan at agora-2000.com
Wed Jan 7 16:27:02 GMT 2004

> The problem seems to be in the way WinNT4 stores the SID in the ACE. In
> particular, the conversion of the token '4241608303' -> '-53358993'.

I have discovered that in 32 bits, the two numbers are the same (formatting
unsigned or signed, respectively):

1111 1100 1101 0001 1100 1110 0110 1111

So I supposes that WinNT4 is working fine, the conversion problem may be in
the tool that I have used to retrieve the ACE information (because I suppose
that the SID is stored in binary format in the file ACE) :(

-------
Fermín