[Samba] Samba 3.0 persistent locked files

Jaap van Geels mdkwd9w02 at sneakemail.com
Wed Jan 7 10:16:15 GMT 2004

I migrated an existent domain, about 70 NT4 + some XP clients to Samba.
Redhat 9, Samba 3.0, Single server configured as PDC.

A major problem that occurs is that often files that are locked, stay
locked even after the client pc reboots. Users cannot access the files
anymore and Samba has to be restarted.

Workarounds I created are:
- stop/start samba at night and "rm -f /var/cache/samba/locking.tdb" in
between.
- disable locking on some shares like homedirs were I expect only one
user at a time.

Is this a configuration error or known issue? I cannot find anything
like this searching google(groups).

TIA for any help.

Jaap van Geels

smb.conf globals: