[Samba] different win machines on PDC not accessible at diffe rent times

Rauno Tuul rauno.tuul at haigekassa.ee
Wed Jan 7 10:27:41 GMT 2004

This problem is something about SAMBA smbd.
It doesn't matter whether samba runs also as WINS server.

I wrote earlier:
http://lists.samba.org/archive/samba/2003-December/077722.html
My networks WINS server is WINDOWS 2000, not samba.

I had both my PDC and BDC upgraded to 3.0.1 once. The errors accessing W2K
workstation went away after downgrading both samba servers to 3.0.0. Even
BDC can cause these errors.

hopefully this helps someone...

 Rauno Tuul