[Samba] Help Needed: Migrating from RH7.3 to RH9.x (And upgrading from 2.x to 3.1 at the same time...)

Aubrey Kloppers (IT Engineer/Administrator) systems at biblesociety.co.za
Wed Jan 7 08:01:26 GMT 2004

Hi Guys!

I am from South Africa and this is my first post.

My first installation of SAMBA (2001) worked like a charm!  No hassles and
the system has been running for the last 2+ years!  The documentation was
also of such nature that it was no problem to install/configure...

The machine that I have installed SaMBa on has now run out of capacity.  I
am now about to upgrade the machine (It is a Celeron 1.7 and the new
machine is a P4 2.6) and would like to know if there are any documentation
migrating users and file systems to newer and faster machines?

So:
1. I want to move my file system (Linux) from a Red Hat Release 7.3 to a
more powerful machine running RH9.x.
2. I want to move my users.
3. I want to keep IP/HOSTNAME/SHARES.

Please could you help or point me to the right place?

Thank you for your time and this amazing package.  It has saved me more
than 30% of my yearly budget due to decrease in MS licences! (And that my
company took to the bank!)
Aubrey Kloppers
Cape Town
South Africa