[Samba] computer name instead of username?

steven.TSE steven.tse at possehlelectronics.com.hk
Wed Jan 7 08:25:21 GMT 2004

-----Original Message-----
From: Andrew Bartlett [mailto:abartlet at samba.org]
Sent: Wednesday, January 07, 2004 12:52 PM
To: steven.TSE
Cc: samba at lists.samba.org
Subject: Re: [Samba] computer name instead of username?

On Wed, Jan 07, 2004 at 11:15:22AM +0800,
steven.tse at possehlelectronics.com.hk wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Since the "Failed to verify incoming ticket" problem on Samba3.0.1, I
rolled
> back to 3.0.  All the authentication and connection jobs are done
successfully
> for 3.0, and this time clients able to browse to the Samba.  However, I
keep ask
> for the username, password when I access to any of the shared folder.  The
log
> of client shows:
>
> [2004/01/06 17:44:50, 1] smbd/sesssetup.c:reply_spnego_kerberos(218)
>   Username CLIENT$ is invalid on this system
>
> where CLIENT$ is the computer name of client computer.  I wonder why it
> authenticate with computer name rather than user name.

Known issue that is still on my 'pet hate' list.  Basicly, machines
are people too, and can login, wiht kerberos.  We need to allow them
to log in.  There bug #722 in bugzilla.samba.org.

Andrew Bartlett

Thanks Andrew, is that mean I have to wait until next bug fixed version?
Samba3.0.2?