[Samba] computer name instead of username?

steven.tse at possehlelectronics.com.hk steven.tse at possehlelectronics.com.hk
Wed Jan 7 03:15:22 GMT 2004

Hi,

Since the "Failed to verify incoming ticket" problem on Samba3.0.1, I rolled
back to 3.0.  All the authentication and connection jobs are done successfully
for 3.0, and this time clients able to browse to the Samba.  However, I keep ask
for the username, password when I access to any of the shared folder.  The log
of client shows:

[2004/01/06 17:44:50, 1] smbd/sesssetup.c:reply_spnego_kerberos(218)
  Username CLIENT$ is invalid on this system

where CLIENT$ is the computer name of client computer.  I wonder why it
authenticate with computer name rather than user name.

smb.conf
========
[global]
        workgroup = CHAETO