[Samba] nt user manager and samba with tdbsam

sander at salva.ee sander at salva.ee
Mon Jan 5 19:06:41 GMT 2004

Hello!

I`m having a problem with adding users to samba PDC
from nexus user manager (nt user manager).
When Im trying add user I get following message
"The procedure number is out of range"
So my question is, what this mean?

>From linux box all is working just fine (adding users with
pdbedit -a and so on). From user manager I can add groups,
delete groups, delete users, add users to group, delete
users from group. Just adding new users to box wo`nt work.

Maybe something in smb.conf is messing things up?
As I understood unix password sync, passwd program and passwd
chat
is needed only when there is need to change users passwords from
windows password manager.

Anyway here is some lines from smb.conf, maybe there is missing
something?

security = user
preserve case = yes
passdb backend = tdbsam
encrypt passwords = yes
update encrypted = yes
obey pam restrictions = yes
local master = yes
domain master = yes
preferred master = yes
os level = 64
domain logons = yes
passwd chat = *New*password* %n\n *Retype*new*password* %n\n
passwd program = /usr/bin/passwd %u
unix password sync = Yes
add user script = /usr/sbin/useradd -d /dev/null -g domusers
-s /bin/false "%u"
add group script = /etc/samba/addgroup.sh "%g"
add user to group script = /etc/samba/addusertogroup.sh "%u"
"%g"
delete user from group script = /etc/samba/deletefromgroup.sh
"%u" "%g"
delete user script = /usr/sbin/userdel "%u"
delete group script = /usr/sbin/groupdel "%g"
add machine script = /usr/sbin/useradd -d /dev/null -g 301 -s
/bin/false "%u"

TIA
Sander