[Samba] Character Set Conversion Problem in 3.0.1?
juer.lee at raidtec.ie
Mon Jan 5 05:17:17 GMT 2004
Refer http://devel.adv-solutions.net/tools/treeconv-0.1.tar.gz which was
sent by Parrillo,Michael on Dec 10th, 2003.
" It was programmed in order to convert the files stored at a customer's
system from "cp850"( Samba 2.x ) to "utf8"( Samba 3.x ) charsets when
upgrading Samba at the fileservers"
----- Original Message -----
From: "Sean M. Brannon" <sbrannon at operamail.com>
To: <samba at lists.samba.org>
Sent: Monday, January 05, 2004 10:42 AM
Subject: [Samba] Character Set Conversion Problem in 3.0.1?
Environment: Red Hat 9.0 x86 Samba 3.0.1
Compiled with: --prefix=/usr/samba
--with-lockdir=/usr/samba/var/locks --with-automount --with-pam
--with-quotas --with-acl-support --with-smbwrapper
I have been using Samba 2.2.x, and have files and dirs with umlauts
(specifically, o's with two dots over them, as in Björk) which display
fine in Windows mounted shares. These same files/dirs show up as Bj?rk
in BASH with the default SUPPORTED=en_US.UTF-8:en_US:en environment
My problem is that both 3.0 and 3.0.1 don't display the character
correctly. I get Bj plus a bunch of rectangles that generally denote a
character position in your current font that doesn't have a visual
representation. I can't open the dir or files as I get an error saying
it couldn't be opened, etc.
I'm using the same smb.conf file as I did with 2.2.x. I've tried
mucking around by adding unicode=yes and unix charset = UTF8. This
doesn't help. I end up with Bj and the rest of the file/dir name not
displayed and the target not openable.
To unsubscribe from this list go to the following URL and read the
More information about the samba