[Samba] XP Pro client cannot access stand-alone linux samba server

Ian Colley ian.colley at zepler.net
Fri Jan 2 20:00:05 GMT 2004

Hi - You're right in saying that i'm not joined to a domain - nor do I
wish to be - I just want to be able to see the share (using user level
access).  I have just turned of requiresignorseal and it has not made
any difference.  The relevant parts of my smbpasswd:

*smbpasswd*
<snip>
ian:1000:7811449B365C58F693E28745B8BF4BA6:B2CA3D5E470FC029B60537DF5FFBBE7E:[UN
]:LCT-3FF32833
SHUTTLE$:10000:B3253CB2EB67F48CAAD3B435B51404EE:3FDF2334A1CA68AA9F918F31DD9A0475:[W
]:LCT-3FF5C8ED: