[Samba] Networking Fun

Craig White craigwhite at azapple.com
Fri Jan 2 15:54:27 GMT 2004

On Fri, 2004-01-02 at 07:51, Alan Ryland wrote:
> Hi.
>     I am using Mandrake 8.1, and the version of Samba is 2.2.
>     I have a small network, using a pc with win 98, a laptop using ME, and
> the linux machine.
>     The network "pings" each other ok.
>     I have read just about most things as to how to get the network to see
> each other but, I cannott get any machine to see the Linux machine at all.
>
>     I would like to set up the Linux machine to : use the modem for
> internet.
>     : use the local printer as the network printer.
>
>     Samba states that it is running.
>
>     Please point me in the right direction to get this working.
---
I would bet that there's documentation on Mandrake's web site...

Then there's always the 'The Linux Documentation Project'
<http://www.tldp.org>

And of course some of the best man pages ever...
man smb.conf

And last but certainly never least...<http://www.samba.org> has all the
documentation.

Of course, you could always buy a book at the book store.

Craig