[Samba] Networking Fun

Alan Ryland rylie at beckford.demon.co.uk
Fri Jan 2 14:51:37 GMT 2004

Hi.
    I am using Mandrake 8.1, and the version of Samba is 2.2.
    I have a small network, using a pc with win 98, a laptop using ME, and
the linux machine.
    The network "pings" each other ok.
    I have read just about most things as to how to get the network to see
each other but, I cannott get any machine to see the Linux machine at all.

    I would like to set up the Linux machine to : use the modem for
internet.
    : use the local printer as the network printer.

    Samba states that it is running.

    Please point me in the right direction to get this working.

Alan Ryland