[Samba] Printing from XP Pro in AD domain to stand alone SAMBA

John Wunderlich John_Wunderlich at sympatico.ca
Fri Jan 2 05:06:54 GMT 2004

Hi;

I can't seem to find anything in the docs that quite matches this, but
if there is a doc, just point me to it. The situation is this. I have
samba running on my home net. It's running as a standalone server in
user mode so that users on computers at home can have home directories
and and access to the printer. When I bring my laptop home from work, I
occasionarlly need to print as well, but I can't even see the samba
server in network neighbourhood or from the command line with net view.

I don't need to see the network neighbourhood. All I really need is
access to the printers for my bring home laptop, but I'd just as soon
keep the home dirs etc for the other computers on my home net.

The server is RH 9
The samba server is 3.0.1pre3
Printer service is CUPS 1.1.17-13.3

I'm attaching the smb.conf that I'm using now.

Thanks